THE VISION OF THE DEPARTMENT OF AERONAUTICAL ENGINEERING
The Department of Aeronautical Engineering shall strive to be a internationally known department, committed for its academic excellence, professionalism and societal expectations. The Department aims to impart state of the art technical knowledge, practical skills, leadership qualities, team spirit, ethical values and entrepreneurial skill to make all the students capable of taking up any task relevant to the area of Aeronautical Engineering.
THE MISSION OF THE DEPARTMENT OF AERONAUTICAL ENGINEERING
The Mission of the Department of Aeronautical Engineering is to
- Prepare the students to have a very good fundamental knowledge to meet the present and future needs of industries.
- Improve the technical knowledge of the students in tune with the current requirements through collaboration with industries and research organization.
- Make the students gain enough knowledge in various aspects of system integration.
- Motivate the students to take up jobs in national laboratories, aircraft manufacturing industries, aerospace industries, airline industries, MRO, AMO, Technical publication companies and all other Aviation related and allied industries of our country.
- Take up inter and multidisciplinary research, sponsored and consultancy projects with industries and research establishments.
- Encourage the faculty members and students to do research and to update with the latest developments in the area of Aeronautical / Aerospace Engineering.
- Aeronautical Engineering graduates have knowledge of aerodynamics, aerospace materials, structures, propulsion, flight mechanics, and stability and control. They can find opportunities in any of the following category
- Design or Manufacturing Engineer in the aircraft-manufacturing units
- Defense services and research and development organizations
- ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) and The Defense Ministry
- Civil Aviation Department
- National Aeronautical Laboratory
- Defense Research and Development Laboratories (DRDO) and
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL).
- 3110014 – MATHEMATICS-1
- 3110002 – ENGLISH
- 3110011 – PHYSICS
- 3110013 – ENGINEERING GRAPHICS AND DESIGN
- 3110017 – INDUCTION PROGRAM
- 3110003 – PROGRAMMING AND PROBLEM SOLVING
- 3110015 – MATHEMATICS-2
- 3110005 – BASIC ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
- 3110006 – BASIC MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- 3110007 – ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE
- 3110012 – WORKSHOP PRACTICES
- 3110004 – BASIC CIVIL ENGINEERING
- 2130002 – ADVANCED ENGINEERING MATHEMATICS
- 2130003 – MECHANICS OF SOLID
- 2130005 – DESIGN ENGINEERING-I
- 2130101 – FUNDAMENTALS OF FLUID MECHANICS
- 2130103 – ANALYSIS OF MECHANISMS AND MACHINE ELEMENTS
- 2130105 – ELECTRICAL MACHINES AND ELECTRONICS
- 2130106 – AIRCRAFT SCIENCE AND MANUFACTURING PROCESSES
- 2140002 – DESIGN ENGINEERING-I B
- 2140003 – ENGINEERING ECONOMICS AND MANAGEMENT
- 2140101 – AIRCRAFT STRUCTURE-I
- 2140103 – AIRCRAFT SYSTEMS INSTRUMENTS AND MAINTENANCE
- 2140105 – NUMERICAL METHODS
- 2140106 – BASIC ENGINEERING THERMODYNAMICS
- 2140107 – COMPUTATIONAL FLUID DYNAMICS-I
- 2140108 – SOLID AND SURFACE MODELLING